Early Childhood Admissions
SPECIAL NOTE: With the addition of the second campus and the opportunity to open up enrollment opportunities, we are re-visiting our admissions policies. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Admissions Office or 312-326-2837 at any time with questions regarding the process. We are open year-round.The following guidelines are for prospective St. Therese parents of children in our Early Childhood Program (Prekindergarten through 1st grade). Please follow the guidelines listed. Please contact the Admissions Office or call us at 312-326-2837 if you have any questions about this process. We thank you for your interest in St. Therese Chinese Catholic School.
We require prospective parents to visit St. Therese at least twice. Parents should call the office at 312-326-2837 to schedule a visit during one of our school’s Open House dates.
This initial visit is for parents to gain perspective about the school’s curriculum and offerings. Parents will have a full tour of the school and be able to observe some classroom instruction.
A second visit should then be arranged with the child. The child will visit the classroom and meet with the Registrar and Principal.
After the second visit, parents should complete the Admissions Form with information including the child’s name, date of birth, and the parents’ contact information. Once a complete Admissions Form is submitted to the Registrar, the prospective student will be added to the appropriate list for that child’s incoming year.
Our policy is that we only register one year beyond the current academic year. Beyond one year, we only take information about the child/family for our Waiting List. You may submit your child(ren)'s name for the Waiting List by completing the Waiting List: Prospective Family Information Form.
If you are waiting to register beyond one academic year, the office will contact you, in the order in which the family information was received, in August of the prior year of your child starting Preschool/Junior Kindergarten/Kindergarten. You will be told the date of registration, which is usually the third week in August.
On registration day, parents will be able to register their child in the order we have received the child(ren)'s information. Families that opt not to attend registration forfeit their position, and the next family on the list will be invited to register.
On registration day, parents are asked to bring:
- their child’s official birth certificate
- registration fee
- first month’s tuition (see tuition schedule)
- Note: Fees and tuition are non-refundable
Age Requirements: Preschool and Junior Kindergarten
- Children must be 3 years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year with no exceptions to be admitted to Pre-Kindergarten.
- Children must be 4 years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year to be admitted to Junior Kindergarten. Children who turn 4 years of age after the September 1 deadline may be accepted into the preschool program with the understanding that the child will remain in the program until they are age-eligible for Kindergarten.
Age Requirements: Kindergarten and First Grade
- Kindergarten students must be 5 years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year.
- First grade students who will be 6 years old on or before December 31, based upon the school’s assessment of the child’s readiness, may begin first grade in the fall under certain conditions. The child must have attended a nonpublic preschool, continued her/his education at that school through Kindergarten, and been taught by an appropriately certified Kindergarten teacher.
Refer to the Application and Registration Checklist for a listing of documents required to complete registration.